[Evergreen-catalogers] 245 display

Kate Coleman kcoleman at jeffcolib.org
Wed Sep 20 08:20:42 EDT 2023

I originally sent this to the Evergreen general listserv last week because
I thought the answers might get code-heavy, but I just need to know if any
other systems experience this. I got crickets from that list,
unfortunately.

We have a big issue with the way the 245 displays when an .$n and ,$p field
are in use. It's even worse when a :$b is needed as well, like in the
attached example. The lack of punctuation and field order make the title
nearly unreadable. An example is attached. Our support vendor says
"Evergreen displays the 245 title as instructed by mods32 and LoC.
https://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-mapping-3-2.html#title"

This seems like something that other Evergreen users would have complained
about before, so I'm wondering if other Evergreeners have come up with a
workaround?