[Evergreen-circ] Printing barcodes on recipts from Webby.

Jason Boyer JBoyer at equinoxOLI.org
Wed Sep 8 16:14:04 EDT 2021

Hi Evan, that should most likely still work and here are a few things you can try:

Re-type (don’t copy and paste) that line in your receipts. It’s possible that the email is having its quotes messed with at some point and that may break things if so.

Depending on the default font size, it’s possible that 200% is too big or small. Try things like 100%, 150%, or 250% to see if any of those help.

Put the {{patron.card.barcode}} tag somewhere else in the receipt where it will also appear as regular numbers to make sure it looks as expected. If there’s a problem with the syntax or a barcode has characters that 3 of 9 doesn’t support that will prevent the scanner from reading it correctly. (Though I’d expect there to be no barcode at all or one that is very short in that case so that wouldn’t be terribly mysterious.)

Verify that the barcode scanner is setup to actually read 3 of 9, if your item barcode labels aren’t 3 of 9 it’s possible that the scanner is configured to only read item / card barcodes. The way to do this is likely by scanning various setup barcodes in the scanner’s manual.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
Senior System Administrator