[Evergreen-dev] Ship Evergreen with a prebuilt manual?

Floyd, Angelia Lynn LFloyd1 at library.IN.gov
Tue Sep 8 15:49:10 EDT 2020

I like this idea, it would be a good way for those that never see the documentation to actually use the documentation.

As we are in the process of migration, we are looking at updating our docs, and what all hast to go into the docs.

This will also force the Documentation Group to be more proactive in adding documentation,  this would also depend on the developers to add the necessary documentation to when a feature or Wishlist is added especially.

-----------------------------
Lynn Floyd
MIS Supervisor
Indiana State Library
317-232-3290
lfloyd1 at library.in.gov<mailto:lfloyd1 at library.in.gov>

From: Evergreen-dev <evergreen-dev-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org> On Behalf Of Blake Henderson
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 12:59 PM
To: evergreen-dev at list.evergreen-ils.org
Subject: Re: [Evergreen-dev] Ship Evergreen with a prebuilt manual?

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Galen,

I was thinking along those same lines: give our users (library staff) documentation references for each staff UI - making it eas(ier) for folks to resolve questions they may have about the Evergreen staff client. I think this would be a boon to the Evergreen project as a whole and might* make users morph into DIG members!

This statement couldn't be more true: "Any project is only as good as it's documentation."

I believe you mentioned that Koha does this? Where there is a "consortium" level document for any given interface, and it can be overridden all the way down the org tree?

So - I am for* the general idea. Exactly how* might require everyone's input.

-Blake-

Conducting Magic

Can consume data in any format

MOBIUS