[Evergreen-dev] Security Releases Next Week & Commit Moratorium

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Fri Feb 12 10:06:29 EST 2021

Hello, all.

In order to coordinate the security releases next week, the release team
requests that we impose a commit moratorium on the master repository
beginning at noon EST (17:00 UTC) on Tuesday, February 16 and ending at
noon EDT (17:00 UTC) on Thursday, February 19. During that time, we ask
that no one other than members of the release team commit any code the
main Evergreen repository.

Such a moratorium was discussed at the previous developers' meeting, and
we have done these in the past. It is important for security patches to
be released in a coordinated manner to minimize the exposure to the
community.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Jason Stephenson