[Evergreen-dev] SMS callback support

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Fri Jun 18 09:00:00 EDT 2021

Hello All, we have been using the flowroute service/api for sending hold
pickup text messages for a while, and would like to start sending more
types of notices as text messages.  But one thing we need to handle better
is customer replies to the text messages.

I think the general expectation from our users is that if they get a text
from the library, and reply to it, that staff at their branch will get that
message.

Right now I just setup a simple reply endpoint cgi script on a different
server that emails me when a reply comes in.  But it is a pain to look up
the customers info based on their cell number every time to figure out who
to forward it on to.

Automated replies would be a nice thing to add also down the line.  "Reply
with cancel holds" etc.

So I would like to integrate the callback into our evergreen system.  Has
anyone already done this and can I look at your code?

If not, would it be reasonable to setup something along the same lines as
the newish patron authentication feature (RemoteAuth
<https://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/WWW/RemoteAuth.pm;hb=HEAD>).
Have a somewhat generic starting point and then have custom modules for
different vendors?  /API/SMSConnector/FlowRoute  ... or something like that.

I think the first thing I would want to get working is a way to route the
message back to the sending or home library with context info based on the
last notice sent that matches the phone number.

Thanks
Josh
[image: Company logo]
*Josh Stompro*

*IT Director stomproj at gsuite.larl.org <stomproj at gsuite.larl.org>*
*218-233-3757 ext. 139* | *Mobile: 218-790-2110*

*Lake Agassiz Regional Library | **www.larl.org <http://www.larl.org>*
118 5th ST S
Moorhead MN 56560
*Celebrating 60 Years of Service in 2021!*