[Evergreen-dev] 30 second timeout - wide_holds

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Fri Nov 18 11:38:46 EST 2022

Hello, I setup a 3.9 test system a month or so ago with a copy of our
production system to get prepared to upgrade.  And when I try to view the
holdshelf on the new system, for our largest branch, I get no results.

It seems like the request to open-ils.storage.action.live_holds.wide_hash
is taking 34 seconds for the 450 items on the holdshelf to be processed.

The open-ils-circ call for open-ils.circ.hold.wide_hash.stream is getting
canceled after 30 seconds.  Can someone help me find where that timeout is
set, so I can set it to be longer.  I have a memory of finding where that
timeout was set for our production system, but I'm struggling to find it
again.

Checked the /openils/conf/*.xml files, and the /etc/apache2/* files, and I
had a vague memory of it being in the TT2 template config file, but no luck
there either.

Logs of the request are at:
https://gist.github.com/stompro/5e43f8ef97989b8a9db822459e5721e5

I'm also planning on looking at an explain analyze of the query,  to see if
maybe there is an index missing or something along those lines, but since
this is a less powerful test server, I would still like requests to finish
even if they take a while when I'm testing.

Thanks
Josh

[image: Company logo]
*Josh Stompro*
IT Director
stomproj at gsuite.larl.org | 218-233-3757 ext. 139 | 218-790-2110
*Lake Agassiz Regional Library *
118 5th ST S
Moorhead MN 56560
www.larl.org
*Our mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities.*