[Evergreen-dev] 3.10.4 & 3.11.2 Releases

Jason Boyer JBoyer at equinoxOLI.org
Thu Dec 14 14:49:36 EST 2023

So here's what happened: When I added the new trigger for LP 2023314 I used the Pg11+ FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE FUNCTION syntax rather than the pg <= 10 FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE so creating a db on pg10 will fail for all releases from yesterday, 3.10.4, 3.11.2, and 3.12.0, and main.

ALL POINT RELEASE UPGRADES WILL ALSO FAIL ON PG 10.

Until the last point release of the last branch that supports Postgres 10 we need to continue to use the EXECUTE PROCEDURE syntax. As Postgres is slow to *remove* syntax support this will likely continue to work for a very long time. (Both syntaxes are still supported in pg 15 and current.)

Since we have the branches for the point releases I'll correct them and rebuild the tarballs because we support pg10 even in main, so this needs to work everywhere.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
Senior System Administrator