[Evergreen-dev] Merging OpenSRF & Evergreen Into One Project

Jeff Davis jeff.davis at bc.libraries.coop
Fri Sep 15 19:20:00 EDT 2023

Unless there are other projects out there that are using OpenSRF (and I'm not aware of any), I think it makes sense to merge them. Having a single repository and install process would be a huge benefit, and I don't really see any downsides. The feeling at the dev meeting was that the merge should happen after OpenSRF migrates to Redis (https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/2017941), which seems like a reasonable timeline to me.

In other words: I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! Let's do it!

Jeff