[Evergreen-general] OPAC Request a Library Card Form

Aubrey Area Library aubreyarealibrary at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:47:36 EDT 2020

Really like the solution that GRPL came up with! To answer the original
question, like others we require parents/guardians to apply for juvenile
cards and parents themselves must have a card.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 12:15 PM Scott Tracey <stracey at wlaf.lib.in.us> wrote:

> Jen,
>
> Does this auto populate the Evergreen request form?
>
> Scott Tracey
>
> Assistant Director
> West Lafayette Public Library
> 208 West Columbia Street
> West Lafayette, IN 47906
> (765) 743-2261
> stracey at wlaf.lib.in.us
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020, 1:05 PM Diane Disbro <ddisbro at scenicregional.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Wow! This is great! You can issue a full-service card since you have ID
>> verification. We issue Internet Only cards through our online registration
>> form.
>>
>> Diane Disbro
>> Pronouns: she/her
>> Circulation Coordinator
>> Scenic Regional Library
>> 251 Union Plaza Drive
>> Union, MO     63084
>> (636) 583-0652 ext. 110
>> ddisbro at scenicregional.org
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 9:59 AM Jen VanderHeide <jvanderh at grpl.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure how helpful this is, but we ended up building an online form
>>> that allows us to capture the cosigner information:
>>> https://www.grpl.org/get-a-card/
>>>
>>> One of the nice features of the form is that it allows a co-signer to
>>> register for multiple juvenile cards at once. It also allows users to
>>> upload identity and address documents so that we can then issue and mail
>>> the cards.
>>>
>>> Jen
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Jen Vander Heide*
>>> *Circulation Services Supervisor*
>>> Grand Rapids Public Library
>>> Main Library | 111 Library St NE | 49503
>>> 616-988-5402 x5452 <16169885402,5452>
>>> www.grpl.org
>>> On 10/8/2020 7:33 PM, Laura Burk wrote:
>>>
>>> We use 13. I think it's based more on the rules of internet marketing to
>>> kids under 13 (who aren't even supposed to have email addresses). We let
>>> 13+ get cards for themselves in person as well.
>>> (Public library here)
>>>
>>> Laura

>>> --
>>> *Jen Vander Heide*
>>> *Circulation Services Supervisor*
>>> Grand Rapids Public Library
>>> Main Library | 111 Library St NE | 49503
>>> 616-988-5402 x5452 <16169885402,5452>
>>> www.grpl.org

If you need further assistance, please contact the library at 940-365-9162
or send a reply email.
Thank You, The Library Staff

226 Countryside Dr., Aubrey, TX 76227