[Evergreen-general] MARC batch import not processing uploaded files (in 3.5.1)

Linda Jansová linda.jansova at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 02:59:46 EST 2021

Dear all,

We seem to have an issue with the MARC batch import feature in Evergreen
3.5.1.

To make sure it is not caused by data in incorrect format, we have – for
testing purposes – used a MARCXML file exported from the same Evergreen
instance where we have encountered the issue (the bib record has been
exported using the web client MARC batch export feature). This XML file
is attached.

We have tried to import the file using admin accounts to the following
community/test servers:

  *

    https://demo.evergreencatalog.com/eg/staff/home
    <https://demo.evergreencatalog.com/eg/staff/home> (3.6.0) – works okay

  *

    https://bugsquash.mobiusconsortium.org/eg/staff
    <https://bugsquash.mobiusconsortium.org/eg/staff> (3.5.0) – works okay

  *

    our community server https://evergreendemo.jabok.cuni.cz/eg/staff/
    <https://evergreendemo.jabok.cuni.cz/eg/staff/> (3.5.1) – does not
    work okay

  *

    our another test (3.5.1) – does not work okay

While when it works okay, the file is processed and all three stages
(upload, enqueue and import) progress bars go to a 100 % point, in our
3.5.1 instances we have ended up with the first progress bar. I'm also
attaching a screenshot from the Mobius community test server and from
ours to clarify what I mean.

Using the opensrf log we have been able to find out the cause of the
issue as we were getting error messages like this one:

[2021-02-01 21:34:29] open-ils.vandelay [ERR
:7692:Vandelay.pm:272:1612211178912619] unable to read MARC file
/tmp/56feb3dd5296fc1f8e579bdc8b29dca7.mrc

These point to the 272nd line of Vandelay.pm
(https://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/Application/Vandelay.pm;hb=43a802ae2c56c9342bfd3a6a4556292d00760d3e
<https://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/Application/Vandelay.pm;hb=43a802ae2c56c9342bfd3a6a4556292d00760d3e>).

We are unsure whether it may be a permissions issue (if so, does anyone
happen to know a complete list of Evergreen permissions needed for the
MARC batch import to run and go through all the stages of data
processing?) or something else entirely.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Linda