[Evergreen-general] Latecomer testing server, with details for a specific bug

Jason Boyer jboyer at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Feb 10 19:29:16 EST 2021

Today I finally got another testing server available at pattypan.evergreencatalog.com <http://pattypan.evergreencatalog.com/> (and pattypan-tpac.evergreencatalog.com to use the tpac) It’s listed on Terran’s spreadsheet at the bottom, but I also wanted to add some details about 1 specific bug:

To make it easier to test LP 1863252 (geolocation sorting) on pattypan the 5 locations that
have items have been given real addresses and lat/lon coordinates in Indiana
(because I'm the one that set them up :) ). Additionally, OpenStreetMap and Google have both
been setup as geolocation providers. (Can be changed in the Library Settings Editor) The optional local-only geocoder (Geo::Coder::Free) is not currently installed.

Here are the cities for the locations:
BR1: Seymour
BR2: Brownstown
BR3: Rockport
BR4: Albion
BM1: West Lafayette

BR1 and BR2 are near each other and roughly Central-South, BR3 is far Southwest, BR4 is far Northeast, and BM1 is Northwest.

Rough map showing location distribution throughout the state: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pKi-zlH4UPmDO-yjjhh8CLueK3alTAEr/view?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pKi-zlH4UPmDO-yjjhh8CLueK3alTAEr/view?usp=sharing>

To find an address to use in testing, determine about where you want to "be" around the state,
zoom in near that area on a mapping site and grab an address. Then you can paste it into the
record detail page and verify that the locations that hold the item are sorted appropriately given your
chosen approximate location. (Note the new distance column in the item table when sorted this way.)

Record id 2 (Le Concerto by Ferchault) has 5-7 copies at all 5 locations as do many others.

Happy testing!

Jason

--
Jason Boyer