[Evergreen-general] A Couple of Questions regarding Evergreen Authentication

Lolis, John jlolis at whiteplainsny.gov
Mon Feb 15 16:41:23 EST 2021

Do any of you require a password reset of Evergreen credentials, say like
every 90 days?  Does anyone--especially in New York State--know of a
requirement to do that?  I was told as much by someone with our consortium,
but I'm skeptical.

Also, do any of you have a tie-in between Evergreen and Active Directory
via LDAP in order to maintain credentials?  If so, have you run across any
reliability issues with doing that?  We've had what seems to be more than
our share of problems when it comes to authentication, and I've no doubt it
has to do with the complicated mechanism our consortium has in place for
this.

Thanks much in advance for any feedback you can share.

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems

100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

https://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*When you think about it, *all* security is ultimately security by
ignorance.*