[Evergreen-general] Adding a language to the translation feature in the web client

Linda Jansová linda.jansova at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 01:03:35 EST 2021

Hi Jane,

Thank you! But it seems you mean the locale switcher in the upper right
corner of the web client. I have actually had another translation
dropdown on my mind - the one which enables you to add a new translation
from within the web client. I have attached a screenshot with an example
from Item Status Administration in Server Administration.

I have double checked that Czech does not appear in the dropdown even
when the web client as such is switched to English (in a way, it would
make sense that you might want to translate to another language, not the
one you are currently viewing the web client in; on the other hand, it
is rather likely that you may wish to add a missing translation for the
current language - it would also be clear which strings are missing and
how the context is translated to make sure the translation is a good fit
for a particular place in the web client). So the only translation
option seems to be English, regardless of the interface language...

Linda