[Evergreen-general] Automated Telephone Calls

Gragg, Wendell E WGragg at bryantx.gov
Tue Jan 12 09:37:20 EST 2021

Hi all,

As we work through the evaluation process, another issue has come up.  On Polaris, we use a separate telephone server with a built in telephony card to make patron phone calls for holds and first overdue notices, though we are considering discontinuing that service.  Currently, our text and email notifications are 10 times the number of phone calls. In that vein, I have a few questions of the community.

1.        How does Evergreen handle such calls. Does it support a telephone server set up? Will it work if we employ a hosted service?

2.       How do Evergreen libraries handle this?  Assuming it does support a server, is it more common to use a server setup or a subscription service, if they exist.

3.       Have any of you considered or actually terminated phone calling?  What was your experience?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Wendell
Wendell Gragg, MSIS
Automation Services Supervisor
Bryan+College Station Public Library System
Bryan, TX
979-209-5613