[Evergreen-general] Setting Up a New Classification Scheme

Jason Boyer JBoyer at equinoxOLI.org
Thu Jun 10 16:54:54 EDT 2021

I thought I had more about this before I hit send but I guess not. The point of the normalizers are to pull the call number labels apart and make them sort consistently, so that the case doesn’t matter and the numbers sort the way we expect rather than the way a computer would normally do it. Looking at the label_sortkey field of asset.call_number for various types of call numbers should make it more obvious what the existing ones are doing.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
Senior System Administrator