[Evergreen-general] A missing template file in the Bootstrap OPAC

Linda Jansová linda.jansova at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 02:38:17 EDT 2021

Dear all,

When switching on the Bootstrap OPAC in Evergreen 3.6.2, we have
encountered the following error:

Mar 15 09:09:46 osok20 apache2[2246]: [perl:warn] [pid 2246] [client
193.165.158.242:38716 <http://193.165.158.242:38716/>] egweb: template
error: file error - opac/i18n_strings.tt2: not found

We have found out that the file in question (i18n_strings.tt2) is really
missing (see
https://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=tree;f=Open-ILS/src/templates-bootstrap/opac;h=5e0a76752dd0f3bc89b08c4b34119a442e4525f4;hb=HEAD)
and so we added it as a symlink to the Bootstrap OPAC:

ln -s ../../templates/opac/i18n_strings.tt2 i18n_strings.tt2

Duplication of files, or rather how to avoid it, has been thoroughly
discussed on Launchpad, see for example Jane's contribution to the
discussion:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1778972/comments/27
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1778972/comments/27>
(actually mentioning the file i18n_strings.tt2 as an example).

Nevertheless, in order to avoid encountering the error and having to add
the symlink, shouldn't the file be copied to the Bootstrap theme also in
the master?

Linda