[Evergreen-general] Carousel Cron Job

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Mar 31 18:45:41 EDT 2021

Hi Jon,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 5:49 PM JonGeorg SageLibrary <
jongeorg.sagelibrary at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... it says that refreshing the carousels can be done as a cronjob by
implementing a srfsh script invoking
> open-ils.storage.carousel.refresh_all
>
> Is there a way to get more clarification on how to do that? When I look
at one of the other .srfsh scripts
> we have in cron - update_hard_due_dates it's referencing the
open-ils.cstore and running a json query.
> But I don't see anything in the documentation to show me how to do this
specifically for the carousels.

The script /openils/bin/refresh_carousels.srfsh does exactly that. The
default example crontab entry for it is

5  3  * * *   . ~/.bashrc && $EG_BIN_DIR/refresh_carousels.srfsh

Looks like a small documentation update wouldn't hurt.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton