[Evergreen-general] Catalog search filters in staff client

Simone Rauscher srauscher at grimsby.ca
Thu May 13 11:57:17 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Kendra’s question made me think of something else I have been wondering about. I’m working in 3.6, and I’m finding the search filters in the staff client Catalog Keyword Search are not working for me the way I thought they would. Particularly, searching by shelving location or “All Copy Locations”.

As an example, When I try to look up all the items we have in our French Language collection. I go to the filter options and in “All copy locations” and select “French Language (GRIMSBY)”, put a * in the search field and press enter.

This I would think should bring up all the records that have copies attached with the Shelving Location of “French Language (GRIMSBY)”, but I get a bunch of a results that do not meet these parameters. Bibs with no items attached, random DVDs, video games etc. I’ve tried to choose “French” under the “All Languages”, but they just gives me a different set of random results.

Is there a trick I am missing? Maybe I can’t use * to do a blanket type search like this? Basically I’d like to be able to look up every title I have in a specific collection without having to run a report. Any tips? Anyone know of any bugs? Thanks!

[cid:image001.png at 01D747ED.ECDEBAC0]

Simone Rauscher
Cataloguing and Collections Coordinator
srauscher at grimsby.ca<mailto:srauscher at grimsby.ca>