[Evergreen-general] staff view

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Thu May 20 17:29:50 EDT 2021

Search templates are so much fun! Our libraries aren't using the
Experimental staff catalog search yet, but I've been playing to prepare to
demonstrate it.

I've done combinations of format/author/date of publication/sort by title;
format, author, language, and even templates for numeric searching (item
barcode) and MARC searching: 100$a, 245$a, 260$b to narrow by publisher.
(We have a lot of pre-RDA titles.)

Mary

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 2:01 PM Jennifer Pringle <
jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop> wrote:

> Hello Kendra,
>
> In the new staff catalogue you can use the Search Templates to set up
> a default search with the three rows and set them to title, author,
> and keyword.
>
> I couldn't find any existing documentation on Search Templates in the
> Evergreen docs and we haven't documented for our consortium yet but we
> do cover it in our new features video starting at 5:18 -
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf7gGhBg5io
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Jennifer
>
> Quoting Kendra Purtle <kendrap at ccld.us>:
>
> > My staff would love to have an option, again with the advanced view of
> > three choices: title, author, and keyword. Just a suggestion.
> >
> > *Kendra A. Purtle*
> > Branch manager, Osage Beach branch
> > Camden County Library District
> > 1064 Gutridge Lane
> > Osage Beach, MO 65065
> > Phone (573)348-3282
>

> --
> Jennifer Pringle (she/her)
> Co-op Support - Training Lead
> BC Libraries Cooperative
> Toll-free: 1-888-848-9250
> Email:jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
> Website: http://bc.libraries.coop
>
> Gratefully acknowledging that I live and work in the unceded
> Traditional Territory of the St'at'yemc Nations.

Mary Llewellyn
Database Manager
Bibliomation, Inc.
24 Wooster Ave.