[Evergreen-general] HIGH_LEVEL_HOLD_HAS_NO_COPIES issues

Lindsay Stratton lstratton at wlsmail.org
Mon May 24 12:54:15 EDT 2021

I raised this at the conference Holds pre-session, and there were a variety
of interesting responses, so I'll also raise it here.

We recently upgraded to 3.6., and are noticing that when placing holds in
the staff catalog, the Place Hold button is available for titles with no
copies.The hold fails with the HIGH_LEVEL_HOLD_HAS_NO_COPIES error, with no
override, etc.

My issues:

1) The place hold button had previously been "greyed out"/unavailable,
which may have been a local template customization? but, it's misleading
and frustrating

2) What is actually happening here?

3) Are there settings for this?

4) There are no permissions for the high level hold (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1761241)

5) the silent failure (https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1761238)

FWIW, in my consortia, the holds are plain title holds, no OUs are set for
hold skipping, we don't use parts.

*Lindsay Stratton*
*Systems Librarian*
Westchester Library System