[Evergreen-general] HIGH_LEVEL_HOLD_HAS_NO_COPIES issues

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Mon May 24 13:04:46 EDT 2021

I suspect that HIGH_LEVEL_HOLD_HAS_NO_COPIES is a generic error message
that just means there aren't any copies that can fill the hold - either
because there aren't any copies, or there aren't any copies that are in an
available status, or because the copies are age protected at other
locations, or some other reason.

I would recommend creating a new Launchpad bug report that 1) Requests that
the Place Hold button is greyed out if a record has no holdings, and 2)
Requests that a more human-readable error message is presented in place of
that error message.

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.