[Evergreen-general] Launchpad Tag Updates

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Fri Oct 15 17:57:31 EDT 2021

We have completed an overhaul of the official tags that we use in
Launchpad. A few old tags that are no longer needed have been removed, a
few new tags have been added, and we have renamed many of the tags in
particular topic areas (cat-, acq-, circ-, opac-) to make tagging easier
moving forward. For example, instead of needing to remember or look up all
of the different cataloging tags, you can now start typing "cat" and the
typeahead dropdown list will show you a list to choose from.

The updated list of official tags is at:
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:lp_tags

Note 1: "needsrepatch" has been split into "needswork" (for patches that do
not work and need more attention) and "needsrebase" (for patches that were
developed for an earlier version and need to be rebased to current master
before they can be tested or committed).

Note 2: Wish list requests have always been a little confusing because
there is both an official tag and an "Importance" level for them. The
reason for this is that everyone has access to add tags, but not everyone
has access to update the Importance level. So, following up on a discussion
in the development community a while back (a few months? a few years? my
sense of time is completely shattered), we went through all of the tickets
with the wishlist tag and changed them to have the Wish List importance
level instead. When submitting new wish list requests, please add the
wishlist tag, and then one of the bug wranglers will follow up on changing
the importance level.

Enormous thanks to everyone who provided thoughtful feedback and who
contributed time updating tags this week - especially these folks who
cruised through all of the tickets and filled up my inbox with updates:

   - Dan Briem, Westchester Library System
   - Elaine Hardy, PINES
   - Angela Kilsdonk, Equinox
   - Tiffany Little, PINES
   - Beth Willis, NOBLE

Have  a great weekend, everyone!
Terran

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.