[Evergreen-general] Bug Squashing Week Starts Now!

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Mon Sep 20 09:33:59 EDT 2021

Good morning, everyone!

The final community Bug Squashing Week before Evergreen 3.8 is finalized
starts today and runs through Friday.

*For Testers: *
We have several test servers available that are loaded with the most
current version of accepted code ("master") along with proposed new
features and bug fixes that still need to be tested. All test servers are
loaded with the Concerto test data set. The first server is ready to begin
testing and the others are currently being built and will be ready later
this morning - the test server list and tracking sheet are at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SE5AG1MgrXq2zHBY6qYcHNGVuIdzsihpfL2ZIIrE45s/edit#gid=0

If you are new to Bug Squashing Week, more information about the many ways
you can participate in Bug Squashing Week is here:

https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:bug_squashing

If you haven't used Launchpad before, you may want to start off with
watching this video from the last Evergreen conference:
https://youtu.be/rhE3L7WSpIs

*For Developers: *
If you have been working on a bug fix, now is a good time to get it posted
with a pullrequest!

Also, if you have things that are already uploaded but still need to be
tested and signed off please feel free to lobby for those in IRC or, if
they are things that can be tested on a public test server, to contact me
and I'll try to get it loaded onto one.

*For Core Committers:*
There are currently 58 patches
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.searchtext=&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=pullrequest%20signedoff&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on&search=Search&orderby=date_last_updated&start=0>
that have signoffs that need to be given a final review and committed!  If
each of you grab a handful of those, you could knock down that list pretty
quickly!

And as always, feel free to email me directly if you have questions about
bug squashing week!

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.