[Evergreen-general] Quipu eCard experience

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Fri Apr 15 14:32:21 EDT 2022

 >>I'm just curious how the setup process went and how the day to day usage
has been with it?<<

We've been using it for about a year and half now and it's been great. It's
saved our staff an enormous amount of time, reduced
data entry errors, and provided patrons a way to register without coming in
to the library (especially helpful during the pandemic).

>>Do you use it to create eCards or full access cards?<<

Ecards only.

>>Do you make use of any of the add on verification features?<<

We verify that the address is valid right now, and on our side we check for
existing accounts. We are currently going through our
state bid process and one of the things we are asking for pricing on
identity verification as well.

>>Do you use it for in-library patron registration?<<

Yes - it's up to each library system, but many of them direct their patrons
to an OPAC station to register rather than having them fill
out the paper forms. If they are in the library, then they can come to the
desk after that to show their ID and have their account
converted to a full Patron account and be issued a physical library card.

>>Have you come up with a way to use it for account renewals... or have a
different method of streamlining renewals?<<

Not yet. We are currently out to bid so we can't proceed with any
development, but our idea is to only show the renewal option
inside My Account to patrons who are eligible for renewal following our
criteria (by checking on the Evergreen side) and then
transferring specific pieces of data to the vendor to follow similar
validation steps.

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 1:43 PM Josh Stompro via Evergreen-general <