[Evergreen-general] Lost Items - Window of Opportunity?

Dana Schwarz dschwarz at niagaracollege.ca
Wed Feb 9 13:32:03 EST 2022

Hello,

We are trying to set a time limit in the amount of days a patron has to return an item after it is marked as "Lost". That way even though the item is lost they still have a window of opportunity to return the item and not pay a fine. But if they do not return after those 30 days they have no other option than to pay the replacement cost.
For example, 30 days after an item is marked lost we would have it set in Evergreen that it cannot be used after checkin and the replacement cost must be paid.
I see that in the library settings you can mark it as true or false whether an item is valid after checkin. However, for us we would like a time limit added.
Is this something that we add to the Library Settings Editor or in the Notifications/Action Triggers? I have a feeling it's the latter but what should I put in for the hook, reactor and validator?

I hope that makes sense. Many thanks for all your help!

Dana Schwarz
   Library & Learning Commons Technology Coordinator,
   Library and Learning Commons
[Niagara College Canada]<http://www.niagaracollege.ca/>
Student Services
phone