[Evergreen-general] Lost Items - Window of Opportunity?

Jo-Anne Teeuwsen jteeuwsen at pelhamlibrary.on.ca
Wed Feb 9 13:46:20 EST 2022

Check out the documentation on long overdue
<https://docs.evergreen-ils.org/eg/docs/latest/circulation/circulating_items_web_client.html#_long_overdue_items>
There may be an inactive long overdue notification/action trigger scoped to
LiNC. Copy that and modify your settings.

Jo-Anne Teeuwsen

*Acting Deputy CEO / *

*T**echnical Services Manager*

Pelham Public Library

905.892.6443

<https://twitter.com/Pelham_Library?lang=en>
<https://www.instagram.com/pelhamlibrary/>
<https://www.facebook.com/pelhampubliclibrary/> [image:
https://pelhamlibrary.on.ca/] <https://pelhamlibrary.on.ca/>

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 1:32 PM Dana Schwarz via Evergreen-general <

> Hello,
>

> We are trying to set a time limit in the amount of days a patron has to
> return an item after it is marked as “Lost”. That way even though the item
> is lost they still have a window of opportunity to return the item and not
> pay a fine. But if they do not return after those 30 days they have no
> other option than to pay the replacement cost.
>
> For example, 30 days after an item is marked lost we would have it set in
> Evergreen that it cannot be used after checkin and the replacement cost
> must be paid.
>
> I see that in the library settings you can mark it as *true *or *false*
> whether an item is valid after checkin. However, for us we would like a
> time limit added.
>
> Is this something that we add to the Library Settings Editor or in the
> Notifications/Action Triggers? I have a feeling it’s the latter but what
> should I put in for the hook, reactor and validator?
>

> I hope that makes sense. Many thanks for all your help!
>

> *Dana Schwarz*
>
>    Library & Learning Commons Technology Coordinator,
>    Library and Learning Commons
>
> [image: Niagara College Canada] <http://www.niagaracollege.ca/>
>
> *Student Services*
>
> *phone*
>
> 905-641-2252 x 4438
>
> *email*
>
> dschwarz at niagaracollege.ca
>
> *website*
>
> nclibraries.niagaracollege.ca
> <https://nclibraries.niagaracollege.ca/library>

_FONTHILL Branch (curbside only):
_

Monday 10-8, Tuesday 10-8, Wednesday
10-5, Thursday 10-8, Friday 10-5, Saturday 10-2

*MAPLE ACRE Branch
(curbside only):*

Tuesday 11-6, Wednesday 1-8, Thursday 11-6, Friday 11-6,
Saturday 12-4

https://www.pelhamlibrary.on.ca
<https://www.pelhamlibrary.on.ca/>