[Evergreen-general] Best Practices Question

Deanna Frazee DFrazee at killeentexas.gov
Fri Feb 25 11:14:44 EST 2022

We had a similar situation, so we created an item status of "staff access."  When staff set books aside for upcoming programs, they scan them and change them to this status.  Our "staff access" books are unavailable for holds and invisible to the OPAC to cut down on patron confusion.

Running them through check in after the program resets them to "available."  Of course, we do occasionally have someone forget to check the books back in after the program so we periodically run a report of items that have been in the "staff access" status for more than 45 days.

Deanna Frazee
Director of Library Services
Killeen Public Library
City of Killeen, Texas