[Evergreen-general] patron permission groups

Jennifer Pringle jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Mon Jan 31 15:12:58 EST 2022

Hello Diane,

Yes, you should be able to customize what permission groups show up in
the Main Permission Profile Group drop down in the patron record using
the Permission Tree Display Entries feature (Administration -> Local
Administration -> Permission Tree Display Entries)

I couldn't find docs on this in the current documentation but the ones
from 3.2 look the same as what we see in 3.7 -
https://docs.evergreen-ils.org/3.2/_client_2.html

Permission groups that can't be seen can't be granted to users so
you'll want to think about what staff permission groups should show to
library staff with the patron groups.

This feature only affects the drop down in the patron record.  The
patron search still uses the whole list -

Hope this helps,

Jennifer

Quoting Diane Disbro via Evergreen-general

--
Jennifer Pringle (she/her)
Co-op Support - Training Lead
Email:jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Website: http://bc.libraries.coop

Gratefully acknowledging that I live and work in the unceded
Traditional Territory of the St'at'yemc Nations.