[Evergreen-general] Triggers for au.created and au.expired hooks?

Morgan, Michele mmorgan at noblenet.org
Mon Jul 11 11:12:41 EDT 2022

Hi Linda,

We have had triggers running using both the au.created and au.expired hooks
for some time without problems. We've had success with them configured at
both the consortium and system levels.

Our configurations are similar to the stock ones you referenced. Of course,
we have set Enabled to TRUE, whereas they are not enabled by default.

We also use a granularity and custom filter, but adding those elements will
not make triggers succeed that are failing.

Here is our crontab entry for running the new user action trigger:

# New User Welcome Message - check every 2 minutes
*/2 * * * * . ~/.bashrc && $EG_BIN_DIR/action_trigger_runner.pl
--osrf-config $SRF_CORE --process-hooks --run-pending --granularity welcome
--granularity-only --custom-filters
$AT_FILTERS/a_t_filters.welcome_public.json

If you have access to the database, you can run this query as a basic check
to see if triggers specified by the event definition id for the current day
are processing:

SELECT state, count(*)
FROM action_trigger.event
WHERE date(add_time) = date(now())
AND event_def = <event definition id>
GROUP BY 1
ORDER BY 1

Hope this is helpful,
Michele

--
Michele M. Morgan, Technical Support Analyst
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 7:40 AM Linda Jansová via Evergreen-general <