[Evergreen-general] (Belatedly announcing that) Evergreen 3.9.0 released

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:28:12 EDT 2022

On April 29, 2022, Evergreen version 3.9.0 was made available for download from

  https://evergreen-ils.org/egdownloads/

This is a major release with various new features and enhancements, including:

 * A new Simple Reporter feature
 * I18N support for Action/Trigger templates (notifications, receipts, etc.)
 * Custom cover-image uploader
 * Staff portal/splash page customization
 * OAI-PMH data provider support
 * Improvements to copy inventory recording
 * Staff-client accessible custom jQuery code injection support for
OPAC customization
 * SIP2 improvements
 * Carousel improvements, including an external-site widget
 * OPAC display improvements
 * Various Angular interface ports
 * General code cleanup and maintenance

Evergreen admins installing or upgrading to 3.9.0 should be aware of
the following:

 * The minimum version of PostgreSQL required to run Evergreen 3.9 is
PostgreSQL 9.6, though PostgreSQL 10 is recommended because 9.6 is no
longer supported by the PostgreSQL community.
 * The minimum version of OpenSRF is 3.2

The full release notes are available at

  https://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/release/RELEASE_NOTES_3_9.html

Sent on behalf of the 3.9 release team

 Jason Etheridge
 Shula Link
 Michele Morgan
 Mike Rylander

(The delay in this announcement, however, is entirely due to me.)

--
Mike Rylander
Research and Development Manager
personal: mrylander at gmail.com