[Evergreen-general] Scanned Logins for Staff

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Tue Jun 14 08:12:20 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I received this email from an EI member library and wondered if any of you or your libraries have implemented or investigated such a thing.

"We would like to activate [my assumption is...log into the client] our logins via barcode scan. Is there software that can bridge the gap from our scan to Evergreen's login screen. Staff could walk up and scan their badge like hospital staff do to bring up the computers [again, my assumption is this means "staff client" rather than "computers"]. Of course, it would affordable too, right?"

Ruth Frasur (she/they)
Coordinator - Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium and Evergreen Community Development Initiative
Indiana State Library
140 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 232-3691