[Evergreen-general] Nominees Announced & Voter Registration opened for the Evergreen Project Board 2022 Election

Jeanette Lundgren jlundgren at cwmars.org
Thu Mar 17 16:59:57 EDT 2022

Voter registration for the Evergreen Project Board election is *now open*.
Anyone who has contributed to Evergreen or is employed by an institution
that runs Evergreen is eligible to vote.

Please register to vote here: https://forms.gle/UyYQcfSjphFcS1rv9 | Voter
registration will end on March 31st.

*2022 Evergreen Project Board Nominees*

I am pleased to announce the nominees for the 2022 election:

*Name of Nominee* *Employer or Affiliation of Nominee* *Brief Statement of
Nominee's Experience and Qualifications *
Ruth Frasur Evergreen Indiana 14 years of experience using Evergreen ILS
working as front-line end user, director of shared ILS consortial member
library, several years of governance experience within Evergreen Indiana
and the Evergreen Oversight Board. Involvement with several conference,
events, and interest groups.
Galen Charlton Equinox Open Library Initiative I am a long-time contributor
to the Evergreen Project as a developer, committer, board member, board
chair, and most recently board treasurer. I have also been active in
various committees, including the online conference committee for 2021.

If elected, I will use this, my final term on the Evergreen Project Board,
to work on the following goals:

- Create additional procedures and documentation regarding the project's
finances
- Document some of the lore of the project's history and governance for use
by future board members and contributors
- Take steps to promote a healthy base of contributors to the project
Chris Sharp GPLS/PINES I have been a member of the Evergreen Community
since 2008 when I joined GPLS administering PINES. I have served of the
Evergreen Oversight Board three times and assisted with the early phases of
the transition from the Software Freedom Conservancy to an independent
non-profit. I have been a core committer with the Evergreen project since
2018 and have served on many many committees over the years. I hope to
bring this experience back to the Evergreen Project Board for the coming
term. Thank you for your consideration.
Kate Coleman Missouri Evergreen Consortium, Jefferson County (MO) Library Kate
is currently on the board of the 58-member Missouri Evergreen Consortium,
and a member of the Cataloging Committee. She is the Technical Services
Manager at Jefferson County Library, and is active in contributing to the
Evergreen community.

*The Election*

The election will begin on April 1st. If you are registered, you will
receive an email from Opavote.com with information on how to cast your
vote. Voting will end on April 11th and results will be announced that
week.

Information on the Evergreen Project board and its function in the
community can be found here: https://evergreen-ils.org/governance/

Feel free to contact me or any board member with questions about the board
or the election process.

Jeanette (On behalf of the Evergreen Project Board)

--

Jeanette Lundgren | CW MARS

Executive Director

jlundgren at cwmars.org | 508-755-3323 x 120 <(508)%20755-3323>