[Evergreen-general] Phone notification solutions

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Tue May 17 14:07:02 EDT 2022

Well, I’m pretty open.  Full disclosure – we’re investigating i-tiva right now, and they do offer this added functionality.  Our current provider (and this is me having never dealt with any of this before), Indiana Telephone, is deprecating their T1 and [insert some other technological word here] service.  It sounds like we’re going to have to run some new physical wiring along with our prices going up.  So, at this point, I’m looking for anything that Evergreen libraries have implemented – good, bad, and maybe less attractive than super attractive.

Ruth Frasur
Interim Coordinator - Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium
Coordinator – Evergreen Community Development Initiative
Indiana State Library
140 N Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN  46204
(317) 232-3691

From: Rogan Hamby [mailto:rogan.hamby at equinoxoli.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 2:02 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <evergreen-general at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Cc: Frasur, Ruth <RFrasur at library.IN.gov>
Subject: Re: [Evergreen-general] Phone notification solutions

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Hi Ruth,

Just a quick qualifying question.  Are we talking about notifications only or are you also looking for a system that people can call in to and interact with (renewals, check accounts, etc...) ?

I’m back once again to ask for your support.

Evergreen Indiana is investigating telephony solutions to replace our long-serving asterisk server.  In particular, I’m wondering if any of you have implemented some type of VoIP solution or maybe something I’ve never heard of in my whole life.