[Evergreen-general] Filling hold items from home library first

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Wed Sep 21 11:57:58 EDT 2022

Hello Mark, just to add to the answers so far.  There is a feature called
hold stalling that was intended to address this... but it has downsides in
its pre 3.8 release state.  Hold stalling turns off opportunistic capture
for a certain period after a hold is placed, to try and make sure that the
targeted copy has a chance to be filled first.

3.8 included an enhancement that looks like it will address several of the
big issues with hold stalling.

>From 3_8 release notes

   -

   Add a new pair of library settings to support pickup library-based hold
   stalling. *Pickup Library Soft stalling interval*, when set for, the
   pickup library, specifies that for holds with a request time age smaller
   than the specified interval only items scanned at the pickup library can be
   opportunistically captured. Example "5 days". This setting takes precedence
   over "Soft stalling interval" (circ.hold_stalling.soft) when the interval
   is in force. *Pickup Library Hard stalling interval*, when set for the
   pickup library, specifies that no items with a calculated proximity greater
   than 0 from the pickup library can be directly targeted for this time
   period *if there are local available copies.*

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 10:47 AM Mark Massey via Evergreen-general <