[Evergreen-general] Baker & Taylor Content Cafe Cover Art

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Thu Aug 3 10:52:39 EDT 2023

Josh,

We have been dealing with this constantly for the past year.

Ruth Frasur (she/they)
Coordinator
Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium
Evergreen Community Development Initiative
Indiana State Library
140 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 232-3691

From: Evergreen-general <evergreen-general-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org> On Behalf Of Josh Stompro via Evergreen-general
Sent: Thursday, August 3, 2023 10:49 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <evergreen-general at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Cc: Josh Stompro <stomproj at gsuite.larl.org>
Subject: [Evergreen-general] Baker & Taylor Content Cafe Cover Art

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Hello, is anyone else tracking all the stale cover art that they come across through Content Cafe?  I'm getting frustrated with it because the B&T content cafe support staff have stopped responding to my emails about the issues, and none of the reported issues ever get resolved.

I have a list of 20 isbn's with pre-pub images, 102 with no image, 4 with back cover image, and one with a sideways image.

We started reporting the problems to them in April 2023.  Apparently their Redis cache that backs the XML request method that Evergreen makes use of never expires images once they are initially loaded.  I can rule out Evergreen's caching having anything to do with it by placing the request directly using the Postman service.

Has anyone else been reporting issues to them and have been getting a response?  If anyone else wants to compare spreadsheets I'm happy to share what we have found so far.

The Evergreen ILS seems to be the only ILS that makes use of the XML Request method to grab added content from them, and that seems to be the only method that has issues.

Can anyone recommend a different cover art vendor that they have been happy with?

Thanks
Josh

[Company logo]
Josh Stompro
IT Director
stomproj at gsuite.larl.org<mailto:stomproj at gsuite.larl.org> | 218-233-3757 ext. 139 | 218-790-2110
Lake Agassiz Regional Library
118 5th ST S
Moorhead MN 56560
www.larl.org<http://www.larl.org>
Our mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities.