[Evergreen-general] EDI - Vendor changed the ISBN/Identifier - how to deal with

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Wed Feb 8 12:32:21 EST 2023

Hello, we have an EDI order where the ISBN that we sent in the initial
order was changed by B&T to something different in the Invoice response.

So the item still shows up as backordered even though we have it and it was
included in the invoice message.

We have tried adding the new ISBN to the bib, and had B&T resend the
Invoice EDI message... but we are hitting the fact that you cannot
re-import the same invoice again.

open-ils.cstore ERROR inserting acq::invoice object using query [INSERT
INTO acq.invoice
(id,receiver,provider,shipper,recv_date,recv_method,inv_type,inv_ident,payment_auth,payment_method,note,close_date,closed_by)
VALUES
(DEFAULT,101,12,12,'2023-01-11','EDI',DEFAULT,'2037242310',DEFAULT,DEFAULT,'Generated
from acq.edi_message #24636.',DEFAULT,DEFAULT);]: 3505685 3505685: ERROR:
 duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"inv_ident_once_per_provider"

Does anyone have notes on how to deal with this?

Thank you
Josh

[image: Company logo]
*Josh Stompro*
IT Director
stomproj at gsuite.larl.org | 218-233-3757 ext. 139 | 218-790-2110
*Lake Agassiz Regional Library *
118 5th ST S
Moorhead MN 56560
www.larl.org
*Our mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities.*