[Evergreen-general] How do you keep your OCLC holdings up to date?

Kate Coleman kcoleman at jeffcolib.org
Thu Feb 9 09:03:48 EST 2023

Our consortium also relies on each individual library to keep their own
holdings current if they so wish. Since OCLC numbers are unfortunately used
inconsistently in our catalog, we have a more manual way of doing things.
Using a data sync collection set up through OCLC, we submit one file for
added holdings and one file of deleted holdings. We get these using a
report in Evergreen and then isolate the TCNs. OCLC requires the files be
in a certain format and named a very specific way with this workflow, but
it works well for us. I may look into some of the more automated processes
I've seen in this thread, though!