[Evergreen-general] Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)

Jane Sandberg sandbergja at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 09:57:50 EDT 2023

I agree with Benjamin's overview 100%.  Also, I do think that a formal VPAT
would be a helpful thing for the community to have -- it's an industry
standard for sure.  This has come up in other open source communities
I'm in as well.

I'd gladly participate in a group, or convene one, to create a VPAT and
document the process so that it is repeatable.  Another approach would be
to contract out to a respected accessibility vendor for a VPAT -- I think
this could be valuable to get additional expertise from outside the
community, especially if we could repeat this process on a regular basis
(for example, every other feature release).