[Evergreen-general] Is anybody interested in talking about Aspen discovery?

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Thu Jun 29 10:32:59 EDT 2023

I will be sending out a Doodle poll to those who have responded to this question since there seem to be a lot of us.  Please note that I won’t be sending the poll to the general list.

Ruth Frasur (she/they)
Coordinator
Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium
Evergreen Community Development Initiative
Indiana State Library
140 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 232-3691

From: Evergreen-general <evergreen-general-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org> On Behalf Of Sharon Douglas via Evergreen-general
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2023 10:23 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <evergreen-general at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Cc: Sharon Douglas <douglass at gsuite.larl.org>
Subject: Re: [Evergreen-general] Is anybody interested in talking about Aspen discovery?

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
LARL's interested in this topic,
We are very seriously considering this discovery layer.

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 2:57 PM Lindsay Stratton via Evergreen-general <evergreen-general at list.evergreen-ils.org<mailto:evergreen-general at list.evergreen-ils.org>> wrote:
Hi all,

We recently rolled out the Aspen discovery layer, and are finding a number of features that were in our Evergreen OPAC that are not (yet) supported in Aspen, and that our patrons very vocally miss.

I know there are at least a few other Evergreen sites using Aspen, so I'm thinking it could be helpful to share experiences, patron feedback, lessons learned, identify common issues, and maybe consolidate our efforts for development (regardless of Aspen host)?

Lindsay

Lindsay Stratton
Systems Librarian
Westchester Library System
570 Taxter Rd., 4th Floor
Elmsford, NY 10523
lstratton at wlsmail.org<mailto:lstratton at wlsmail.org>

[Company logo]
Sharon Douglas
Automation Coordinator
douglass at gsuite.larl.org<mailto:douglass at gsuite.larl.org> | 218-233-3757 ext. 138
Lake Agassiz Regional Library
118 5th Street South
Moorhead, MN 56560
www.larl.org<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334-50bba2bf-31367a34-4544474f5631-4d5742bb1c52ed18&q=1&e=1499d0d6-e875-4dfa-b3c4-bb905999cf5a&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.larl.org%2F>
Our mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities.