[Evergreen-general] Course Materials Module

Jennifer Pringle jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Thu Mar 9 18:49:56 EST 2023

Hello Courtney,

We started implementing the course reserves module when we upgraded to 3.9 over the summer.  Not all of our libraries using course reserves have switched over yet.

We have documentation (based on the official community docs) as well as videos demonstrating how to set up the module.

Course Reserves - http://docs.libraries.coop/sitka/_course_reserves.html
Course Reserves in the Public Catalogue - http://docs.libraries.coop/sitka/public-catalogue-course-reserves.html
Course Reserves Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdwlgwBNnH4qOaDBhP1SnETdwJaKAgssf

The two biggest issues we currently have are:
Browse for courses not working in the public catalogue - https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1913815  (we are currently working around this by hiding the browse option entirely in the public catalogue)
Not possible to un-archive courses - https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1895706 (which is fixed in 3.10, so should be resolved for us with our next upgrade)

Hope this helps,

Jennifer
--