[Evergreen-general] Islandora's newest core committer

Kathy Lussier kathy at kmlussier.com
Fri May 19 13:09:31 EDT 2023

Hello Evergreeners!

I know this news comes from another open-source project, but I thought many
of you would be interested to hear that our very own Yamil Suarez has been
named as Islandora's newest committer!
https://groups.google.com/g/islandora/c/1X-dg94e7yc

For those who don't know Yamil, he was very active in the Evergreen
project, serving as DIG facilitator for many years, serving on the former
Evergreen Oversight Board, and teaching an entire generation of
Evergreeners how to use IRC. In fact, in true Yamil fashion, one of his
contributions to the Islandora community has been to teach folks how to use
Slack -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rm3_UhT9SA&ab_channel=IslandoraFoundation.

Anyway, even though he has not been active in Evergreen for many years, he
should know that he will always be considered one of our own, even when
he's doing great things in other open-source projects.

Congratulations Yamil!
Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier