[Evergreen-general] Activating POs stopped working a few days after 3.11 upgrade

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Fri Oct 13 09:34:58 EDT 2023

Hello, I'm looking for troubleshooting advice.  We upgraded to 3.11 on
Saturday, and for the first two days we were open (10/10 and 10/11) new
orders worked fine.  EDI messages generated and sent to B&T, B&T generated

On Thursday afternoon my coworker that handles acquisitions and cataloging
let me know that a new order wasn't activating.

When the activate button is pressed, the progress monitor shows up and then
just never progresses.

I'm seeing this error in the browser console
open-ils.acq.purchase_order.assets.create
main.b8a502bab34034e4.js:3 open-ils.acq.purchase_order.assets.create
failed! stat=500 msg= *** Call to
[open-ils.acq.purchase_order.assets.create] failed for session
[0.02870213615847651697142215691], thread trace [0]:
Can't call method "id" on unblessed reference at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.36.0/OpenILS/Application/Acq/Order.pm line 1350.

That is in the create_copy function
<https://gitlab.com/LARL/evergreen-larl/-/blob/rel_3_11_1-larl/Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/Application/Acq/Order.pm?ref_type=heads#L1341>
"$copy->call_number($volume->id);"

The import queue has all the titles sitting there saying that they are not
imported.

I'm going to compare the logs of a successful activation from the 11th with
the first activation attempt yesterday and see if i can spot the
difference.  But if anyone has run into this and is familiar with it and
can recommend somewhere to look, I would appreciate it.

This happened to one PO with 7 line items, and then we tried a simple one
with just one line item and the same issue happened.
Thanks
 Josh
[image: Company logo]
*Josh Stompro*
IT Director
stomproj at gsuite.larl.org | 218-233-3757 ext. 139 | 218-790-2110
*Lake Agassiz Regional Library *
118 5th ST S
Moorhead MN 56560
www.larl.org
*Our mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities.*