[Evergreen-general] Staff Training Roundtable

Thomsen, Elizabeth et at noblenet.org
Wed Sep 20 02:41:51 EDT 2023

I am definitely interested in this, and I think it's good timing -- I think
a lot of us have changed the way we do training post-Pandemic.  We used to
do two-hour hands-on training sessions at our office, and these have been
replaced by one-hour remote sessions on Zoom.  Eliminating the travel time
and doing shorter sessions has helped us to reach a lot more people, staff
who were never going to be sent to NOBLE for the hands-on sessions.  I used
to do some online training sessions pre-Pandemic but they weren't popular
-- the big difference is that just about all staff now have had so much
experience with online sessions of all types and are comfortable and
equipped for them.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 6:15 PM Jennifer Pringle via Evergreen-general <

> Hi everyone,
>

> Is there any interest from people who train library staff on Evergreen to
> get together to talk specifically about training?
>

> I don’t think we need an official interest group but I think it would be
> useful to talk about what training people are doing, what’s working, what
> isn’t working, what resources people are create for their libraries, what
> software is being use to create resources, etc.
>

> If there is interest I’d be happy to coordinate something for 2024.
>

> Jennifer
>
> --
>
> Jennifer Pringle (she/her)
>
> Co-op Support - Training Lead
>
> BC Libraries Cooperative
>
> Toll-free: 1-888-848-9250
>
> Email:jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
>
> Website: http://bc.libraries.coop
>

> Gratefully acknowledging that I live and work in the unceded Traditional
> Territory of the St'at'yemc Nations.

Elizabeth B. Thomsen
Member Services Manager
NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange