[Evergreen-governance-l] Draft rules of governance for a more focused Foundation

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri Oct 22 11:04:17 EDT 2010

Sylvia,

Thanks for bringing up these issues.  As a Communications Committee member,
it certainly concerns me that people are not finding the mailing list or
perhaps if they do see, they don't necessarily know that this is the primary
vehicle for communication.  The notices to the IRC channel are another
option for communication that you might have noticed but don't necessarily
understand can be critical for reaching certain key members of the community
(e.g. developers!).  So, believe me, this issue is high on our list of
issues to address and I appreciate you making that point so clearly.

As to unanimous versus super-majority, I see what you mean and I wouldn't be
opposed to changing the language to super-majority even as it pertains to
the rules of governance.  I can't presume to believe we've figure all of
this out so having the ability to modify if necessary might be a good thing
even if one person didn't feel the need to change anything.

Lori