[Evergreen-governance-l] Fwd: Details of Evergreen sign up for Conservancy

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed Jun 15 16:08:30 EDT 2011

Galen,

I prefer your longer description and I wonder if we could tweak that (and
the first one if we decide to use it) to clarify that the sharing of
resources is between libraries on the shared Evergreen system.  I don't want
to create the impression that there is an ILL type component built into
Evergreen because that is certainly not the case.  Featuring the sharing
capabilities is a good idea but let's just be clear about the limits of the
sharing pool.

I modified your description slightly below (added a reference to cataloging
too):

"The Evergreen Project develops an open source ILS (integrated library
system) used by hundreds of libraries across the world. The software, also
called Evergreen, is used by libraries to provide their public catalog
interface as well as to manage back-of-house operations such as circulation
(checkouts and checkins), acquisition and cataloging of library materials,
and sharing resources among groups of libraries and consortia on the same
Evergreen system.  Evergreen is designed to be scalable and supports library
operations ranging from a small high school to large state-wide consortia.
 Evergreen is released under the GPL."

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling