[Evergreen-governance-l] Next EG governance meeting & a motion

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Jun 17 14:03:06 EDT 2011

Hi folks:

The trusty http://evergreen-ils.org/calendar shows that we have our
next meeting on Tuesday, June 21st.

At that meeting, I would like to bring forward a motion to make a
small amendment to the Rules of Governance as posted at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=governance:structure to
remove an anachronism from an earlier version of the document -
specifically:

"""
Be it resolved that, given that the Rules of Governance do not
describe a Treasurer position, section 2.4.a.i be modified to remove
the mention of a Treasurer, changing the text from:

i. Chairperson: The Chairperson shall convene and preside at all
membership meetings. However, the Chairperson
may appoint another board member to preside at meetings in the
following order: (1) the Vice Chairperson; (2) the
Secretary; (3) the Treasurer.

to:

i. Chairperson: The Chairperson shall convene and preside at all
membership meetings. However, the Chairperson
may appoint another board member to preside at meetings in the
following order: (1) the Vice Chairperson; (2) the
Secretary.
"""

Note that we could have a separate discussion about whether we need a
treasurer position (following up on Elizabeth's question a few days
ago). Given that the Conservancy is supposed to handle financials on
our behalf, I would lean towards "no" and have regular reporting of
the financials to the Board be one of the duties of the liaison to the
Conservancy.

Dan