[Evergreen-governance-l] FW: Meeting today at 1pm EST; Agenda

Elfstrand, Stephen F stephen.elfstrand at mnsu.edu
Tue Jun 21 12:24:40 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Elfstrand, Stephen F
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:45 AM
To: 'McKinney, Elizabeth'
Subject: RE: Meeting today at 1pm EST; Agenda

I think the Oversight Board should have a formal role in appointing the release manager and reviewing releases so that they include documentation, release notes, and accurate upgrade instructions and a formal beta test in a working environment.

 2.0 was released with some deficiencies in documentation and upgrade instructions. I would also like to see a more formal beta process to ensure that people not involved in the development and release of the new version can actually do the upgrade by following the instructions, run it in a production environment (some problems don't appear in a test environment), find bugs and  provide feedback before the release. Development should be tied more closely to documentation and should be required before a release is "certified" by the Board. Documentation should be a requirement for any sponsored development project accepted into a release.

Can we add this to this agenda or maybe the next one?

Stephen Elfstrand
PALS Executive Director
507.389.5059