[Evergreen-governance-l] FW: Decision making

Elfstrand, Stephen F stephen.elfstrand at mnsu.edu
Tue Jun 21 12:24:27 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Elfstrand, Stephen F
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:36 AM
To: evergreen at sfconservancy.org
Subject: Decision making

I don't see why a monthly meeting is not frequent enough to make formal decisions. Many boards meet much less frequently than that.  But I'm flexible if others feel we need to make decisions right away I'd be willing to look at an online voting scheme as long as there is time to discuss the issues and ask question ahead of time. I'd rather not be in the position that I have to vote on something that is not an emergency right away. Often on boards I've been on issues are brought up in one meeting and discussed and background materials are provided and the further discussion is held at the next meeting and then the vote is taken.