[Evergreen-governance-l] Meeting today at 1pm EST; Agenda

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Jun 21 12:32:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

Apologies, I will unavoidably be unable to attend.

Regarding various matters either on the agenda or that were discussed recently:

[1] Equinox affirms and agrees that the following action take place (from Bradley's June 17th email), pending assent of the Board:

"So, Elizabeth, as Representative you're instructing Conservancy to take
control of evergreen-ils.org (and any other domains Equinox holds for
Evergreen), and become officially the holder of the domains, and the
owner, administrative contact, and technical contact."

[2] I endorse Dan's motion of 6/17, and if this motion is voted on as is, please consider this email an affirmative vote for it.

"""
Be it resolved that, given that the Rules of Governance do not
describe a Treasurer position, section 2.4.a.i be modified to remove
the mention of a Treasurer, changing the text from:

i. Chairperson: The Chairperson shall convene and preside at all
membership meetings. However, the Chairperson
may appoint another board member to preside at meetings in the
following order: (1) the Vice Chairperson; (2) the
Secretary; (3) the Treasurer.

to:

i. Chairperson: The Chairperson shall convene and preside at all
membership meetings. However, the Chairperson
may appoint another board member to preside at meetings in the
following order: (1) the Vice Chairperson; (2) the
Secretary.
"""

Additional comments inline below:

Regards,

Galen

I propose that we use evergreen-governance-l for discussion, hashing out issues, and voting among the board members and that evergreen at sfconservancy.org be used only when we're specifically asking the Conservancy for advice or communicating a board discussion or request to the Conservancy.  I note that one advantage of evergreen-governance-l is that it is publicly archived for the benefit of other Evergreen contributors and interested parties, and feel that except for any issues that truly require the equivalent of a "closed session" that all discussions be on an archived list.

> 2. Followup from last month's meeting
> 2a. Google Summer of Code

Both students are making good progress.  There is the matter of a $500 stipend that Equinox is currently the fiscal agent for; with Board approval, I propose that this be transferred to the SFC.  As I am one of the the administrators for EG's GSoC project, I can work with Bradley to make the transfer happen.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
VP, Support and Implementation
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt
web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/
Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org & http://evergreen-ils.org

Equinox is going to New Orleans! Please visit us at booth 550
at ALA Annual to learn more about Koha and Evergreen.