[Evergreen-governance-l] Putting governance documentation under version control in the community repository

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Mar 2 13:08:06 EST 2011

Quick heads up: I converted the source of the last draft of the Rules
of Governance to AsciiDoc text format (http://asciidoc.nz) and created
a new directory in the Evergreen Contributions version control
repository so that we can relatively easily track changes.

The plain text source of the document is at
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/governance/governance.txt
with a README describing how to generate HTML and PDF versions at
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/governance/README.

You can see the differences between the version I posted and the
version that now incorporates Lori & Galen's friendly amendments by
clicking the "Last change" link at the top right; or for a direct
link: http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/governance/governance.txt
- for bonus points in the commit message, I should have included links
to the relevant messages in the Governance mailing list archives. Next
time!

Hopefully this helps ensure that we can sort out all of the changes
reasonably quickly, and provide a slightly easier mechanism for
someone interested in the evolution of the document than wading
through all of the Governance list archives :)

Oh, and for a taste of the default formatting in HTML and PDF, I've
attached versions to this email. It would be a relatively
straight-forward matter to have the HTML and PDF versions generated
automatically, if that was desired. Heck, you can even generate ePub
format if you want to read it on your phone :)